12 September 2006

Hell Hath No Fury Like a Woman Ugged

Abandon all hope, ye who enter here.

I can't quite decide which circle of hell Mr. Aligheri might place me in. The sixth circle, for my heresy? The eighth circle (ditch six, party of one!), for my "deliberate, knowing evil?"

I, ladies and gentlemen, have just purchased a pair of Uggs.

I wouldn't really believe it myself, were I not looking at them propped up on the coffee table. I, who have not only eschewed, but railed, against the numerous and plenty popular fashions that crop up amongst celebrities and culture vultures alike. Shall I list them out for you?
  • Gaucho pants
  • Shrugs
  • Uggs
  • Jeans tucked into boots
  • Flip-flops as regular shoeware, especially on men (are you at the beach? I didn't think so)
  • Sweatpants as regular, non-gym, pant-ware
  • Scrubs, outside of any sort of hospital/clinical setting (and especially when one is not employed in the clinical field)
  • Tunics

But I walked into the shoe store and I tried them on to rid my mind of the image of Uggs that have been haunting me for days.

And they were super cute.

They were even cuter unfolded than folded.

If the woman at Go Fug Yourselves can do a 360 and purchase and wear wedges then I can too.

I think I can only wear them around complete strangers but I refuse to pull a Kate Hudson and wear them in the middle of the blazing summer.

Now that I have broken one fashion rule I may end up breaking another - once I break these fuckers in, I'm thinking about tucking my jeans in 'em.

I also may need a pair in brown.

2 comments:

Katie said...

good for you!

gabandjd said...

Bitchin dood. Get some for the boy too. Size 1.5.